Welcome to the City of Fort Lauderdale Emergency Rental Assistance Program Application Portal
The City of Fort Lauderdale is pleased to announce that it was designated by the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development to receive funding to provide emergency rental assistance to eligible individuals/families who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Important Program Announcement: The City of Fort Lauderdale has expanded its rental assistance program to now include assistance for those residents who have experienced an increase in their rent that occurred after April 1, 2020 for the same rental unit. Click here to learn more and download the application package.
An “eligible household” is defined as a rental household in which at least one or more individuals meets the following criteria:
- Your rental apartment/home must be located in the City of Fort Lauderdale;
- Qualifies for unemployment due to COVID‐19, has experienced a reduction in household income due to COVID‐19, or has incurred significant costs due to COVID‐19 or experienced a financial hardship due to COVID‐19;
- Demonstrates a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability (including eviction notice, past due rent notice);
- Has a household income at or below 80 percent of the Area Median Income.
- Eligible households may receive up to 6 months of assistance
- Applicants will be required to provide documentation to support their eligibility.
- Rental assistance payments will be made directly to the landlord.
- Assistance provided for an eligible household may not duplicate any other assistance, including federal, state, and local assistance provided for the same costs.
How to apply
- Rental households should download the Tenant Application package by clicking on the button below. Once completed, you can send it and all required documentation via email to: [email protected]
- Landlords should download the Landlord Application package by clicking on the button below. Once completed you can send it and all required documents via email to: [email protected]
- Completed applications and documents may also be sent via fax to: 888-246-9722
- If you are unable to download the application, you may apply over the telephone by calling 1-833-FTL-Rent (1-833-385-7368)